We all lead busy lives, and that often means that our health and wellness gets neglected. You don’t have to make a huge change to lead a healthier, less stressful life. If you’re struggling to find the time to look after yourself, try these super-fast tips. Each one takes less than ten minutes to do but will make a change for the better for you.
- Wipe down your office doorknob. Take a disinfecting wipe and quickly wipe over your office door handle. Wiping down objects that are touched a lot and touched by others, like door handles, can really reduce how colds and cases of flu spread, making you less likely to get ill.
- Meditate in the morning. Starting your day with a basic meditation practice will set the tone for your day. It clears your mind for what’s ahead for you and is a great wellness habit.
- Try CBD or CBG. CBD has been the buzz in wellness for a well for handling everything from anxiety to management. CBG is now being talked about as the new CBD. Visit Caduceus Science to learn about it.
- Eat sardines twice a week. Sardines are full of protein and omega-3s, which make them a great addition to your diet. Try to eat them a couple of times a week, in a few different ways to get all those benefits.
- Make your own salad dressing. Bottled salad dressing is not always the healthiest pick. Instead, make your own dressings to bring out the best flavor in your salads, without adding extra unhealthy ingredients. All you need is a few ingredients and some simple recipes.
- Get smart about sugar. A lot of us eat a massive amount of sugar, and a lot of that sugar is hidden in foods so we eat it without even realizing it. Get in the habit of checking ingredient lists, and learn all these sneaky words that brands use that just mean sugar, like fructose. Cut back on your sugar intake to be healthier.
- Breathe deeply. If you’re lacking focus or are feeling stressed, sit down somewhere quiet and breathe naturally. Focus on your breath. With each inhale and exhale, repeat the words “in” and “out”. If you find your mind wandering, let go, and bring your attention back to your breathing.
- Don’t check your email when you wake up. Don’t immediately read the news or turn it on the news on the TV and radio either. Just sit quietly for a few minutes with your morning cup of tea or coffee and let your mind wander. This time for yourself is relaxing and starts your day in a calm way.
- Dry brush your whole body. This is great for improved circulation and skin that glows. Before your shower, start at your feet and work your way up to your body. Brush with long, straight strokes in the direction of your heart. Each stroke should take two seconds, and skip the delicate skin on your neck, decolletage, and face.