Need a quick dinner idea to add a pop of color and fresh flavor to your table? Look no further than this super quick and easy strawberry fennel salad. The fennel offers a satisfying crunch, while the sweet strawberries balance the natural saltiness of the Feta cheese. It comes together in just 15 minutes, so it’s perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cup baby spinach (rinsed and patted dry)
- 2 cup baby arugula (rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 medium fennel bulb (trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 4 oz Feta cheese (crumbled)
- Optional: Sprigs of fresh basil (for garnish)
Prepare the dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
Arrange the spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced fennel, strawberries, and Feta cheese.
Serve immediately with chilled salad plates and dressing on the side. Enjoy!